Are Gaming Keyboards Worth It?
Gaming keyboards have become increasingly popular among different types of keyboards as gamers have started using keyboards with different layouts and extra buttons.
Many keyboard manufacturers have taken notice of this and have started manufacturing gaming keyboards. These keyboards offer features like extra macro buttons, remappable keys, and RGB lighting. But what does all that mean? Are these keyboards worth the price?
Some games require a lot of movement, so you need keys that you can press quickly. Other games might involve a lot of spells, so you need keys that are easily accessible.
So, are the gaming keyboards worth it? Gaming keyboards are worth it as they have unique features like anti-ghosting or N-key rollover, RGB lighting, extra durability, and macro support to improve your gaming performance. Gaming keyboards are worth the added money paid for as they give an extra edge in gaming.
If you want to play video games better, you may want to consider purchasing a gaming keyboard.
Gaming keyboards are special keyboards specifically designed to improve gaming performance. They’re usually more expensive than regular keyboards, but they’re well worth it.
Many gaming keyboards have extra buttons on the side, such as macro keys and different programmable buttons to improve the gaming experience.
There are several types of gaming keyboards:
- RGB Gaming keyboards: These are mainly membrane type of keyboards with RGB backlighting,
- Mechanical gaming keyboards: These are keyboards with mechanical switches like Blue switch(Clicky feel), Brown Switch(Tactile feel), Red switches(linear with smooth feel), etc.,
- Mechanical Feel Gaming keyboards: These are not mechanical keyboards but have the feel of a mechanical keyboard.
Here are the pros and cons of the gaming keyboards:
#1: Macro Key support
#2: They’re more comfortable helping you play the game for a longer duration
#3: Additional functionality specific for gaming
#4: Better durability
#1: It can be expensive if a mechanical RGB gaming keyboard is chosen.
When you’re shopping for a gaming keyboard, you need to consider a few things. You’ll want to make sure it has all the keys you need, but you’ll also want to make sure it has some advanced features.
- Backlighting: A backlight is always lovely to have, and it’s essential to have a feel that is right for you. Without having a backlight, the keys appear dark even if the room gets a little dim.
- The durability of keys: Many keys have different resistance levels(actuation force), so you can test them out to see which is the best for you.
- Macro Keys: A programmable macro key is a must-have because this helps to help you get several keys mapped to one. This is essential for games involving complex operations using a keyboard like Minecraft.
- Multimedia key support: Multimedia keys like volume control are essential to have as a shortcut in your keyboard to help you in controlling media keeping your gaming uninterrupted.
- Anti Ghosting feature: When you play games, you press multiple keys at once very fast. This causes incorrect detection of the keys. With the anti-ghosting feature, you will press multiple keys all at once without any issue.
It’s important to know what you want and what you don’t like so you can find the perfect keyboard!
If you are a gamer, then get yourself a gaming keyboard. If you want to be a serious gamer, get a mechanical gaming keyboard.
I hope you liked the post. Read more awesome posts at techbullish, the one-stop for computer peripheral guide written by Engineer Anirban Saha(B.Tech).